1 Day Format: $200, 400 rounds minimum
2 Day Format: $400, 800 rounds minimum
3 Day Format: $500, 1200 rounds minimum
Performance Handgun is rooted in the fundamentals of the practical application of the handgun. Whether that be for combative/defensive use or competitive. This course is designed for students who have a general understanding of shooting concepts but may want to refine their abilities and really learn how to shoot the handgun efficiently. While it is not required, it is HIGHLY suggested that this course be run with your normal carry/duty/competition equipment.
- Breaking down the fundamentals of shooting and how/where they apply to your shooting
- Gripping the gun and pressing the trigger in order to maximize recoil management and reduce the time between shots
- Efficient presentation of the handgun (Draws) from common carry locations
- Efficient reloading of the handgun in order to minimize down time
- How vision drives shooting and what you should be seeing to make fast and effective hits given the acceptable scoring area for your application
- Shooting while moving and moving to shoot. Where one may be beneficial over the other.
- How to reduce the time between targets when transitioning from one target/area to another
- An open mind with a desire to learn!
- Handgun suitable for carry/duty/competition use. (If you have questions about whether your gun is suitable or not, please do not hesitate to contact us!)
- At least 3 magazines/speed loaders, more for single stack or revolver running less than 8 rounds
- Holster suitable for carry or duty use (No Serpa or cross draw please)
- Way to carry at least 2 magazines/speed loaders on your person. (A belt mounted magazine pouch/speed loader carrier is HIGHLY suggested)
- Reliable ammunition for your handgun (1 day: 400rds, 2 day: 800rds, 3 day: 1200rds. These are minimum requirements. The more ammo the better!)
- A belt suitable to carry your handgun and ammunition
- Eye protection (ANSI rated)
- Hearing protection